Bundle: Keynotes in Medicine for Dental Students and OSCEs for Dentistry
Authors: Hammond, Fan & Jones
Product code: BC068
Format: Paperback, 182pp, 216mm x 137mm/Paperback, 340pp, 216mm x 137mm
Non-member price: £39.98
Member price: £32.18
Other titles you may be interested in:
• Master Dentistry bundle
• EMQs for Dentistry, 2nd edition/SAQs for Dentistry bundle
• Best of Fives and MCQs for Dentistry bundle
Keynotes in Medicine: summary (from the publisher)
Keynotes in Medicine is a clear and concise guide to the basics of medicine, providing the essential medical grounding required for both clinical practice and finals examinations.
The book features information on:
- Management and treatment of common conditions which you will come across throughout your dental career
- Medical conditions encompassing the whole body, enabling you to take a holistic approach to dentistry
- Subject-based revision notes covering the dental syllabus, allowing you to focus your revision and maximise your study time
- Essential tips for exam technique.
This is the perfect revision aid for busy dental students and those taking the MJDF exam.
OSCEs for Dentistry: summary (from the publisher)
• The only title on the market catering specifically for the clinical element of dental examinations.
• Includes more than 130 OSCE stations for effective preparation.
• Detailed explanations for each answer help to expand and consolidate learning.
• Subject-based chapters enable students to focus on their weaker areas.
• Each station details allocated timing, allowing students to prepare themselves for the constraints of the timed exams.
This essential revision text has been improved and updated with the aim of getting you through your dental OSCE exams. Eleven chapters of subject-based stations allow for focused revision and a mock exam provides a realistic sample of questions so you can put your skills into practice and experience the OSCE format.
Featuring over 130 OSCE stations exploring areas in which you will be tested, the book provides detailed explanations taking you through what is required to pass the exam, building confidence for success. Each station details allocated timing, allowing you to prepare for the constraints of the exam. Throughout the text, radiographs and colour photographs are included to illustrate certain cases.
Back to the top
Contents - Keynotes in Medicine
1. Introduction to History Taking & Clinical Examination
3. Cardiac Valves
4. Heart Failure
5. DVT & Pulmonary Embolism
6. Airway Disorders
7. Chest Infections
8. Tubular Gut
9. Liver & Pancreatic Disease
11. Pituitary Gland
13. Bone Disease
15. Renal Disease
17. Headache & Cranial Nerve Defects
18. Loss of Consciousness & Fits
19. Neurological Disorders
21. Childhood Illnesses
23. Oral Manifestations of Medical Conditions
24. STDs & AIDS
25. Clinical Genetics
26. Examination of Acutely Unwell Patients
Contents - OSCEs for Dentistry
1. History & examination
2. Child dental health including orthodontics
4. Restorative dentistry & dental materials
5. Oral & maxillofacial surgery
6. Oral medicine
7. Oral pathology
8. Dental radiology
9. Human disease including emergencies
10. Drugs & therapeutics
11. Law & ethics
12. Mock OSCEs
Douglas Hammond BDS (Wales) MFGDP (UK) MBBS MRCS is an Academic F2 doctor in Maxillofacial Surgery.
Kathleen F M Fan PhD MBBS MDS FDSRCS (Eng) FRCS (Ed) FRCS (OMFS) is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at King’s College Hospital, London and Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup.
Judith Jones BDS MSc FDSRCS (Eng) PhD FDS (OS) FHEA is Senior Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant at the Department of Oral Surgery, QMUL Dental Institute, London.
Back to the top
Non Member's Price