The three day event at the Manchester Central Convention Complex (MCCC) is the ideal mix of specially selected seminars, socialising and networking opportunities, with the added bonus that it’s free to BDA student members.
Connect with the profession
For students it represents the perfect opportunity to connect with your profession, meet your peers and be inspired by the dynamism of the dental profession.
Sessions for dental students include:
- Preventive endodontics: preserving the life of the tooth, materials and techniques – Thursday 26 April
- Ceramics: choosing the most appropriate ceramic for 21st century practice – Friday 27 April
- What you need to know for performing minor oral surgery – Friday 27 April
- Prosthodontics – what do we do? And why do we do it? – Saturday 28 April
- Fast smiles for the GDP – exploring ‘quick fix’ orthodontic treatments – Saturday 28 April
|Key note speaker – Susan Greenfield|
Susan Greenfield, a British neuroscientist and populariser of science will be exploring why understanding science is so important in the world of business and how this knowledge can help us maximise our potential. This is sure to be a very popular start to conference so make sure you grab your seat early!
The event also boasts one of the largest dental exhibitions in the UK. A stroll round the trade hall presents you with all sorts of exhibitors, from legal experts, to oral care product providers, giving you can get hands on experience of the very latest products the industry has to offer. It is also a fantastic opportunity to stock up on dental freebies.
Socials for dental students include:
- The complimentary Exhibition hall drinks reception on Thursday – your chance to mingle with university friends and meet with exhibitors.
- The infamous Friday night party with top tribute band ‘Killer Queen’ at The Palace Hotel.
- The FD ball the theme this year is the ‘Golden Age of Hollywood’ Ball at the Ramada Manchester Piccadilly Hotel also held on Friday night.
- To end the event on a high there is the black tie Gala dinner with entertainment at the iconic Hilton Deansgate Hotel.
5 Reasons why you should attend:
- FREE for BDA student members
- Great seminars on essential dentistry and innovative techniques
- Fantastic exhibition with great giveaways – try out the latest products
- Amazing networking opportunities with experts from all fields of dentistry
Inspired career advice sessions
How to register
Remember, the event is FREE for BDA student members.
To book your place call 0870 166 6625 or visit www.bda.org/conference.
If you are not a member, join today by calling the membership team on 020 7563 4550 and come to British Dental Conference and Exhibition for FREE!
For more information visit www.bda.org/conference to download the conference brochure.