We support all BDA members who work in these areas:
Salaried Primary Dental Care Services
University Dental Teaching and Research
Dental Public Health
What we do nationally:
- negotiate national terms and conditions
- submit evidence to the review bodies for pay and remuneration
- support local negotiations and training of local representatives
- liaise with other professional bodies
- raise the profile and safeguard the interests of dentists
- work in supporting industrial dentists and other small groups.
How we do it
We support and channel our work through four BDA Committees:
- Committee Central Committee for Community Public Health Dentistry
- Central Committee for the Hospital Dental Service
- Central Committee for Dental Academic Staff
- Armed Forces Committee.
What we do for members
BDA membership gives you access to an exceptional and comprehensive range of member benefits and services. This includes:
- employment law advice
- disciplinary/grievance procedures and support
- contract terms and conditions advice
- industrial injury support and advice
- pay/grading banding advice.