To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
If you do not have a BDA website ID, please click here
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
Contemporary periodontal and peri-implant management in general dental practice
Friday 16 November 2018 | LONDON
- Evaluate the prognosis of periodontally involved teeth
- Assess and diagnose periodontal and peri-implant disease effectively
- Describe contemporary disease management
- Understand the importance of and techniques for the maintenance of peri-implant health
Registration, refreshments and exhibition
Improve your knowledge of aetiology and prognosis
- Assessing the prognosis of periodontally involved teeth (interactive session)
- Risk factors involved in the aetiology of periodontal diseases
- The role of the biofilm in disease.
Morning refreshments and exhibition
Advances in the assessment and diagnosis of periodontal diseases
- Periodontal screening - new developments
- Assessment of periodontal diseases in practice
- Radiography of periodontal patients
- Diagnosis of periodontal diseases (quiz).
Lunch and exhibition
The importance of both self- and professional care
- Management planning for perio patients
- Self-care and its relevance
- Oral hygiene techniques and patient motivation
- Professional care - non-surgical treatment and antimicrobials.
Afternoon refreshments and exhibition
Challenges and dilemmas in implant management
- Save teeth or place implants?
- Self-care of implants
- Professional implant care
- Implants in the periodontally susceptible patient.
Close of seminar
||Dr Ian Dunn
Specialist in Periodontics,
Ian qualified from Leeds in 1998. He went into NHS general practice after qualifying and was a general dental practitioner for many years. During that time, though a part time teaching role at Liverpool University, he developed a passion for periodontology and concentrated his postgraduate studies and teaching activities on Perio whilst maintaining a busy general practice list. This culminated in him pursuing an MSc in Periodontology and ultimately becoming the Teaching Lead in Periodontics at Liverpool University and gaining a place on the GDC Specialist List in Periodontology.
Ian continues to maintain a busy referral network on the North West working between Liverpool and Wilmslow. He has been the Honorary Editor and Webmaster for the British Society of Periodontology and lectures nationally through the UK, having spoken at most of the major UK dental conferences.
||Dr Phil Ower
Specialist in Periodontics, PerioCourses Ltd
Phil qualified from King's London in 1978. He joined the RAF after qualifying and was a general dental practitioner until taking an MSc in Periodontology in 1992, after which he was RAF Adviser in Periodontology and ran the RAF School of Dental Hygiene. After leaving the RAF in 1996 he lectured at the Eastman Dental Institute and worked in several specialist practices.
For 10 years he worked alongside the renowned Bernie Kieser at the Periodontal Practice in London and now practices exclusively at the Briars Dental Centre in Newbury. He has been an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MGDS) and was President of the British Society of Periodontology for 2016.
Phil has published widely and has sat on several editorial boards. He is co-editor and co-author of
Practical Periodontics, a new undergraduate textbook for the publisher Elsevier. He lectures throughout the UK and internationally.
6 hours CPD
The seminar meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for verifiable CPD (6 hours) and is certified by the British Dental Association.
How to book
BDA members can book online
(login register - see top right of page)
020 7563 4590
By booking form
Print, complete then return a
BDA members: £195.00 £245.00
Non-members: £285.00 £335.00
Dental Care Professionals: £95.00 £145.00
The fee includes refreshments, a standing buffet lunch and all course documentation.
*Early-bird prices available until Monday 3 September 2018
If you wish to stay overnight during the event please contact MICE Concierge our appointed hotel booking agency by email or call
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)