Information Governance Toolkit - publishing deadline approaching
27 February 2018
Practices will have recently received an email reminder from NHS Digital about the deadline for publishing this year's Information Governance toolkit.
All NHS practices are required to carry out all the appropriate processes to publish their version 14.1 assessment before the 31 March 2018 deadline.
The current IG Toolkit is being redesigned and revised as the Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSP Toolkit). The new DSP Toolkit will be launched in April 2018.
We will provide further updates on the development of the DSP Toolkit over the coming months.
The existing IG Toolkit (version 14.1) must still be completed by the end of March 2018.
- The report for the Care Quality Commission is to be run 1 April 2018 and therefore any unpublished assessments will be included in the report with that status.
Please ensure you take the following steps to publish your organisation's IG Toolkit assessment:
- Answer each IG Toolkit requirement (ensure a score is recorded for each requirement).
- Select "Assessments" on the left-hand menu and then click the "Publish" button (which only appears when all questions have been answered).
- Read and accept the "IG Assurance Statement" and then your assessment will be published.
- When you publish your assessment you are confirming that this is the final version, no changes are needed and the assessment has been signed off by the senior management/partner. This is applicable to ALL organisation types.
Our guide to completing the toolkit can be found on our advice pages.
If you are an Extra or Expert member and need assistance please email the Advisory Services team or call the NHS and Business team on 0207 935 0875.
BDA advisory services
Our advisory services team offers advice to BDA members on a huge range of issues, such as employment law, health and safety, the NHS, business support and regulatory inspections. We also provide employment representation, an associate contract-checking service, mediation services, tribunal support and consultancy services: join us.