Changes in dentistry since 1948
Witness seminar 2
The second witness seminar took place
on Wednesday 26th October 2011 at the BDA at 64 Wimpole Street.
by Professor Nairn Wilson and facilitated by Professor Stanley Gelbier
the theme for this discussion was changes in dentistry since 1948.
The main topics discussed in depth were:
- The situation prior to the NHS
- The introduction of the NHS and its influence on patient care
- Initial items of service contracts
- The 1990 and other contracts
- The Dental Estimates Board and the Dental Practice Board and their demise
- The influence of changes in equipment, materials and techniques
- The NHS and private practice
- The use of salaried dentist, both GDPs and community.
Read the complete transcript now available in paperback from BDA Shop.