Joy Harrild Award for Young Dentists
Our Joy Harrild Award for Young Dentists is open for nominations for young dentists who have made a significant contribution to the profession.
The Award is named in honour of Joy Harrild, an inspirational young dentist and BDA Young Dentist Committee member, whose life was tragically cut short by a car accident in 2016.
Or you can download the nomination form and return it to us.
Eligibility criteria for the Joy Harrild Award
- Nominees must be BDA members
- Be within 10 years post-qualification
- Have made a significant contribution to the profession meeting at least two of the following criteria:
- Have made a significant contribution to the profession
- Have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to continued training and professional development
- Have raised the profile of dentistry
- Have made a contribution to the BDA
- Have made a positive contribution to wider society through ‘good works’; working with a charity, their local community, or work abroad.
- Have demonstrated professional or clinical leadership qualities
Deadline for nominations
Nominations for the next round close on 30 April 2019.
Please get in touch with our BDA Young Dentists Committee secretary.
BDA Honours and Awards
Nominees will also be considered for the BDA Honours and Awards programme.
Please note that current members of the BDA’s Young Dentists Committee members are not eligible for nomination.
What does dentistry look like today?
We know dentists do exceptional things, every day. But we want to show the world what dentistry looks like across the UK, and we are celebrating the clinicians, the teachers and the innovators that make up the profession: please share your journey with us