Equality, diversity, and inclusion committee
The EDIC ensures that the BDA is an inclusive association for all dentists, whatever their characteristics, professional interests, or geographical location in the UK.
The Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee (EDIC):
- Supports the way in which we embed our mission, vision, values, behaviours, and organisational strategy
- Provides expert advice and guidance on all matters relating to equality, diversity and inclusion work
- Supports initiatives to create more diverse and representative BDA committees and working groups, so that the voices of all dentists are fully represented and heard
- Monitors the progress of appropriate strategic aims and action plans that enable the BDA to provide inclusive and accessible member services that are appropriate for all dentists
- Harnesses insights and ideas from across the BDA and the membership about EDI issues and to incorporate these into all relevant research and policies
- Reviews and develops inclusive practices with the integration of equality and diversity matters into all aspects of our work for members including lobbying, marketing, communications, negotiations, training, research, advice and guidance
- Supports the BDA to fulfil its statutory obligations in respect of equality and diversity.
Get in touch
The EDIC Committee is supported by Nuzha Dissi, Policy Officer, who can be contacted via email: [email protected].