England Community Dental Services Committee
The England Community Dental Services Committee (ECDSC) represents dentists employed in the NHS salaried Primary Dental Services (PDS) or Community Dental Services (CDS) in England, whose patient cohort includes vulnerable adults, children, and people with physical and learning disabilities.
To support its work, the ECDSC has an Executive Sub-Committee consisting of the Chair, Vice Chair, and four members elected from and by the ECDSC.
- Fighting for better pay and terms and conditions for CDS dentists to improve the recruitment and retention of the workforce
- Defining the CDS workforce as distinct from the General Dental Services (GDS) and a valuable primary care service with vital, specialised skills necessary for treating some of the most vulnerable members of society
- Representing the interests of CDS dentists throughout the GDS dental system reform process
- Raising awareness of post-pandemic General Anaesthetic waiting lists for dental treatment and working with stakeholders to find solutions
- Promoting a career in the CDS as valuable and rewarding.
Get involved and get in touch
The ECDSC is supported by Stuart Abrahams, Senior Policy Adviser for Employed Dentists who can be contacted via email: [email protected] and Eleanor Day, Committee Secretary, who can be contacted via email: [email protected]
Developing your skills
Have a look at our range of advice videos, including experiences from different careers and fields of dentistry, and tips for furthering your career.