Central Committee for University Dental Educators and Researchers
The Central Committee for University Dental Educators and Researchers (CCUDER) represents the interests and acts on behalf of dentists working in academia, research, and teaching across the UK.
CCUDER discusses and decides on policy stances related to clinical dental academia as well as negotiating on pay and contracts, and terms and conditions with UCEA, in tandem with the BMA.
- Ensuring that the perspective and insights of dental academics are centred in the BDA’s response to the 2023 NHS Workforce plan
- Attracting new dental school graduates to a career in dental academia by demystifying pathways into the profession
- Promoting flexible career pathways
- Protecting pay parity with NHS colleagues through honorary contract arrangements
- Conducting inquiries regarding inequality within the dental academic profession
- Providing evidence on dental academia to the Doctors and Dentists Pay Review Body through the BDA’s annual submission
- Understanding and sharing knowledge regarding clinical academic pensions and the dental academic workforce.
Get involved and get in touch
The CCUDER is supported by Stuart Abrahams, Senior Policy Adviser for Employed Dentists, who can be contacted via email: [email protected], and Eleanor Day, Committee Secretary who can be contacted via email: [email protected]
Developing your skills
Have a look at our range of advice videos, including experiences from different careers and fields of dentistry, and tips for furthering your career.