Young Dentists Committee
The Young Dentists Committee (YDC) represents dentists who have been qualified for up to 10 years. The Committee is made up of a variety of young dentists who bring an enormous wealth of knowledge and experience to this group.
The YDC champions the careers of younger dentists in terms of policy making, political lobbying, and improving the quality of working life for young dentists and their prospects for the future.
- Supporting young dentists in their careers
- Ensuring graduates can practice without fear and with confidence
- Enhancing career development opportunities
- Making sure dentists have access to high-quality education and training
- Increasing the voice of young dentists on the decision-making bodies within dentistry
- Stimulating innovation to drive dentistry forward so that it meets the changing demands and expectations of patients.
Get involved and get in touch
Members of the Young Dentist Committee are dentists within 10 years of primary qualifications. Its members are elected to young dentist, early career, or trainee seats on other committees. These individuals then meet as the Young Dentists Committee. In addition to this, the Students Committee elects two Foundation Dentist representatives to the Committee. Alongside these, any other committee member elected to a BDA committee and within ten years of primary qualification is also entitled to attend.
The Young Dentist Committee is supported by Nuzha Dissi, Policy Officer, who can be contacted via email: [email protected]
Developing your skills
Have a look at our range of advice videos, including experiences from different careers and fields of dentistry, and tips for furthering your career.