Why be a Good Practice?
Process, benefits, terms and conditions and more.
What is BDA Good Practice?
BDA Good Practice is a quality assurance programme for dental teams, allowing members to communicate to patients their ongoing commitment to standards of good practice on professional and legal responsibilities.
- Practice development and assessment against requirements
- Recognition from the BDA that can be communicated to your patients
- A framework for developing a patient centred service
- Tools for growing a confident, professional and inspired team
- Opportunities for business development
- Assurances to increase chances of successful tendering
Membership is open to all providers of outpatient dental care, including general dental practices (both private and NHS), specialist practices, salaried primary dental care services, armed forces clinics and outpatient departments.
How do I become a member?
Prospective new members are required to perform a self-assessment, complete an application form and pay the application fee. A BDA assessor will usually then complete an on-site assessment.
Successful applicants will be granted membership of BDA Good Practice and be given a membership pack, which includes:
- The personalised BDA Good Practice membership plaque to display in your practice
- The BDA Good Practice logo in various formats to help you advertise your membership on your practice stationery and website
- A membership certificate for the current year
- Advice, guidance and templates to help publicise your membership of BDA Good Practice.
Membership is renewable each year on the anniversary of your practice joining the programme.
Every three years you will be required to complete a re-application procedure similar to your first-year application. We will contact the practice six weeks before your membership renewal is due.
Application fee to join the scheme: £450
Annual renewal and re-application fee: £320
Fees are valid from 1st October 2017 and reviewed annually.