This advice provides an overview of the requirements that you must follow to meet the recommendations relevant to the country where you practice. It explains:
- The requirements that you must work to and the best practice requirements that you should be working towards achieving
- The need to protect against unknown carriers of infection and the precautions you must take to manage risks
- The importance of staff training in all aspects of infection control to ensure individual safety alongside a safe working environment for patients and team members
- The decontamination process, the checks that are needed at each stage and the storage restrictions and timelines
- Practical advice for adverse incidents such as inoculation injuries and routine procedures such as using and removing personal protective equipment.