Who is speaking?
The following speakers will be sharing their experience and wisdom to help you prepare:
- Dr Alasdair Miller, BDA Past President and former Postgraduate Dental Dean for the South-West
- Dr Russ Ladwa, BDA President Elect and former Postgraduate Tutor for the London Deanery
- Jonathan Lewney, Consultant in Public Health and Associate Editor for BDJ Portfolio
- Dr Claudette Christie, former BDA Director for Northern Ireland (Queens Dental School only)
How will the lecture help me?
The lecture contains useful guidance about:
- General interview advice
- Example clinical scenarios
- Example situational judgement test questions
- Ethical interpretation/dilemmas
- Practical communication skills
- GDC standards - practical interpretation
- Applying professionalism to clinical situations
- Patient centred care vs professional centred care
Do I need to book?
No, there's no need to book, just arrive on time. The lecture is open to final year dental students - members and non-members. See the timetable below.
Lectures are will be scheduled in every UK dental school in the autumn term, before the interviews take place. As lecture dates are booked in, they will be added to the timetable below.
Getting Your First Job guide will be distributed in the lecture. It includes useful advice from last year’s interviewees, example interview scenarios, plus a detailed breakdown of what to expect on the day of the interview.
Interview skills workshop
To polish up your interview technique we run a DFT interview skills workshop in London. The event has a practical focus and builds on the dental school lectures. Details of the next workshop will appear here shortly.
Barts||5 Sept 2019||14:00||15:00|
Belfast||27 Aug 2019||10:15||10:45|
Birmingham||18 Oct 2019||14:00||15:00|
Cardiff||26 Sept 2019||14:00||15:00|
Glasgow||5 Aug 2019||11:00||12:00|
Leeds||10 Oct 2019||13:30|||
Kings||9 Sept 2019||13:30||14:30|
Peninsula||10 Oct 2019||12:00||13:00|
Sheffield||4 Sept 2019||17:30||19:30|