The British Dental Conference and Exhibition 2017 booking terms and conditions
• Anyone attending the Event should be involved in or have some connection or interest with the dental / healthcare industry or associated industries.
• Only pre-registered visitors, visitors registering on site, exhibitor, press and speaker badge holders will be admitted into the Event.
• It is a requirement of entry that all visitors will register in their own name and display a valid visitor badge. Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure to do this is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from the Event.
• The BDA accepts exhibition stand bookings in good faith and is not responsible for the outcome or delivery of any products or services purchased or taken up by attendees at the Event.
• Children under the age of 16 are allowed to attend the Exhibition, if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Visitors with children will be responsible for their children and will be asked to put their mobile number on a wristband to be worn by the child for the duration of their stay. Children will not however be admitted to any Conference or Exhibition lectures.
• Please note that official photographers will be present at the Conference, the Exhibition and at the social events filming videos, lectures and taking photographs. By attending the Event, visitors consent to such filming and photography and the BDA is entitled to use all videos and photographs of visitors, for marketing and promotional purposes in all or any media, without compensation or liability. No other photography or filming will be permitted at the Event without the prior written approval of the Organisers.
• Current dental editorial press can apply for a Press badge. This will be issued once the application is verified. The Organisers reserve the right to determine who is issued with a Press badge.
• By attending, visitors agree not to take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, objectionable behaviour, or any activity which may disrupt the Event. Failure to adhere to this could result in being asked to leave the Event.
• The Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission, exclude or remove anyone from the British Dental Conference and Exhibition.
• Attendance at the Event is available on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to capacity. Members who are eligible for complimentary Conference Passes are encouraged to register for the Event as far ahead as possible to avoid disappointment.
• Attendance at all Conference and Exhibition hall sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis unless advertised otherwise during registration. Doors open and scanning begins to all sessions 15 minutes before the advertised start time.
• The Conference sessions may only be attended by Conference delegates who have a Conference Pass, speakers who have a Speaker badge and press who have a Press badge.
• Professional development theatre sessions, Demonstration theatre sessions, Workshop sessions, Speakers' corner sessions and the Advice zone sessions may be attended by any badge-holder, including Exhibition Pass holders.
• Please ensure that the email address provided when making your booking for the Event is the email address you would like your CPD certificate sent to after the Event. As all CPD certificates will be sent out by email.
• The full Conference and Exhibition programmes are available at www.bda.org/conference
• On acceptance of your booking, a confirmation email and receipt will be sent to you. Joining instructions, your attendance badge, and any social tickets will be sent to all registered visitors from four weeks prior to the Event, unless you have an outstanding balance for your Conference Pass. A delegate bag will be available on site.
• Any late bookings received after Thursday 18 May 2017 will have their joining instructions sent by email and their badge and social tickets available to pick up on the day.
• In the event of cancellation received in writing no later than Thursday 27 April 2017, the fee will be returned less £25 to cover administrative expenses. After that date, no refunds will be possible.
• Substitutions may be made for paid Conference Passes at any time via Grass Roots, the Registration Office. Substitutions may not be made for complimentary Conference Passes for Extra, Expert, Senior or Student members.
• Where circumstances force the BDA to cancel an Event, the liability of the BDA shall be limited to a refund of any fees paid for that particular Event. The BDA is not liable for any consequential loss.
• In order to process your booking and to ensure that your event registration runs smoothly and meets your requirements, it is necessary to request the information provided in this registration form.
• The British Dental Association as the data controller is responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is protected and secure. The British Dental Association and Grass Roots Eventcom Ltd ("Grass Roots") have entered into an agreement whereby Grass Roots shall process information in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The information you have provided in this registration form will be passed on to or collected by Grass Roots to secure your event registration. In processing such information, Grass Roots shall ensure that all suppliers to whom personal information is passed shall be made aware of the restrictions in using such personal information and shall only use the personal information to process any event registration in strict accordance with instructions from the British Dental Association, for the sole purpose of providing event registration services for the event. This also applies to any sensitive information you provide such as details of any disabilities or dietary or religious requirements. The information may also be provided to public authorities including (but not limited to) customs/immigration if required by them, or by law. Under no circumstances will any personal information be used for further marketing or advertising.
• In order to perform and provide the services, personal information may need to be passed onto third parties. In such instances Grass Roots will approve such transfers on the condition that these third parties will adhere to the restrictions and obligations imposed on suppliers on the use of personal information.
• You are entitled to a copy of your information held by The British Dental Association and Grass Roots. If you would like to see this, please contact The British Dental Association. A small charge may be payable for providing this information.
• Acceptance of these terms and conditions enables the organisers of the British Dental Conference and Exhibition to email you further information pertinent to the Event.
For registration enquiries please contact the Registration Office:
Tel: 0844 3819 769 or + 44 (0) 1252 771 425 (overseas); Email: email@example.com
For all other enquiries about the Event, please contact the BDA Events Office:
Tel: 020 7563 4590; Fax: 020 7563 4591; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Conference registration fees include attendance at the Presidential Meeting, access to all Conference sessions, limited refreshments on the day(s) you have paid for and a delegate bag. Fees exclude overnight accommodation and meals.
• Entry to the Exhibition, Professional development theatre sessions, Demonstration theatre sessions, Workshop sessions, Speakers' corner sessions, Advice zone sessions, the Lindsay Society Memorial Lecture and access to the Exhibition hall drinks reception is free.
• Submission of a booking either online, by phone, email, post or fax constitutes an official booking. Payment for the Event MUST be received in advance. Any delegates with payments outstanding upon their arrival at the Event will be asked to supply their personal credit card details as a guarantee of payment. The card details will only be debited if payment has not been received by Friday 2 June 2017.
• All invoices will be issued in GBP. Please note that all social event fees include VAT at the prevailing rate. All registrants must pay VAT regardless of country of residence. Registration is not considered confirmed unless VAT has been included with each registration payment where applicable.
• The programme is correct at the time of going to press. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, the programme may change and the BDA reserves the right to cancel the Event or alter the venue and/or speakers.
• Views expressed by the speakers are their own. The BDA disclaim any liability for advice given or views expressed by any speaker at the Event or in notes or documentation provided to delegates.
Special offers and discounts
• To qualify for the early bird discount, bookings made online or by telephone, fax or post must be received by the registration office by 23:59 on Monday 6 March 2017.
• The complimentary three-day Conference Pass available for BDA Extra members, BDA Expert members, BDA Senior members and BDA Student members is for the BDA member only and is not transferable.
• The complimentary three-day Conference Pass available for BDA Extra members, BDA Expert members, BDA Senior members and BDA Student members is only available to those that are BDA members from the time of booking up to and including the dates of the British Dental Conference and Exhibition (cancellation of membership during this period forfeits your right to the free Conference Pass).
• BDA members taking advantage of the complimentary three-day Conference Pass are also entitled to an allocation of refreshment vouchers for the days that are booked.
• BDA Expert member dentists are entitled to six free one-day Conference Passes or two free three-day Conference Passes for Dental Care Professionals (DCPs) in the same practice - this does not include free places for other dentists in the practice. BDA Expert members may bring different DCPs for each day of the Event, or they may bring six DCPs to one day of the Event – so potentially up to six different DCPs could benefit from this offer. The offer applies to whole days only and cannot be divided into separate morning and afternoon slots.
• If taking advantage of any reduced price or free BDA Conference Passes, the rate you pay must coincide with your membership grade at the time of attending the Event. FDs/VDPs must pay the FD/VDP rate for a Conference Pass at the Event. Any FDs/VDPs who may still be benefiting from a student membership at the time of booking for the Event and will not have student membership at the time of attending the Event must pay the FD/VDP rate for Conference Passes.
• For online group bookings of Foundation Dentists (FDs) in Year 1 or Vocational Dental Practitioners (VDPs), the booker must agree to the following terms:
- The booker confirms that all participants added online are FDs in Year 1 (or VDPs) and as such will be charged at the corresponding rate. The rate charged is dependent on the year of qualification of each individual and will be automatically recognised by the online registration system.
- Should an individual registered by this method subsequently be found not to be an FD (or VDP) and therefore not eligible for the reduced Year 1 FD / VDP conference rate, the booker accepts that any difference in the price of the conference ticket will be due. If this is the case, the booker will be charged a £25 administration fee in addition to any difference in the conference attendance price to cover administrative costs for making changes to the registration data submitted.
• Training Programme Directors (TPDs) who are Essential members may take advantage of a two/three day Conference Pass at the FD rate.
• Training Programme Directors (TPDs) who are Extra or Expert members can take advantage of a free three-day Conference Pass.
• Foundation Dentists undertaking a second year of training may also take advantage of the FD rates. However this cannot be accommodated through the online booking process, please contact the Registration Office on 0844 3819 769 or email: email@example.com
• For FDs in Year Two wishing to take advantage of these rates, we require a letter from your Training Programme Directors (TPDs) stating that you are in Year Two of Foundation training.
• All Accredited Representatives (ARs) are entitled to claim a free one-day Conference Pass. To claim your free pass, call 0844 3819 769 and quote the AR special one-day free offer.
• Anyone wishing to book a table of 10 for the Thursday 25 May 2017 Honours and Awards Gala Dinner can take advantage of the offer to receive 10 places for the price of 9. The standard cost is £90 (inc VAT) per person, so a table of 10 will cost £810 (inc VAT) instead of £900 (inc VAT). A great opportunity to treat your practice, or for exhibitors to bring your team. This offer is not available via the online booking process, so to take advantage of the discount, please contact the Registration Office on 0844 3819 769 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Any special offers or discounts released in the run up to the Event will only apply to bookings made after the date that the offer was introduced. Reduced rates cannot be applied retrospectively once a booking has already been made.
• International visitors are welcome to attend our event by purchasing a 1 day or 2-3 day Conference Pass or booking a free Exhibition Pass.
• Invitation letters can only be issued to invited speakers. Delegates can be given a letter to confirm their registration.
• We are only able to issue a letter to confirm your registration to delegates who have booked and paid for a Conference Pass. If you have bought a Conference Pass and require a letter of support for your visa application then please email email@example.com to request a letter. Please include your postal address, passport number, passport issuing country and passport expiry date and any other relevant details. Registration confirmation letters will be sent by email, to the contact email address given at the time of booking for the person who requires the letter.
• Email confirmations are automatically sent to every person who books any kind of ticket for the event so there is no need to make a special request for a written confirmation of your booking.
• If your visa application is declined, we are only able to offer refunds in line with our cancellation terms and conditions. In the event of cancellation received in writing no later than Thursday 27 April 2017, the fee will be returned less £25 to cover administrative expenses. After that date, no refunds will be possible.
Children* accompanied by an adult are welcome in the general Exhibition area of this event but are not permitted to attend any of the lecture or workshop areas in either the Exhibition or the Conference part of the event. The event is designed for professionals in dentistry and we aim to ensure each CPD area provides an environment dedicated to learning. Please don't cause embarrassment to staff working at the event by asking to take children into these areas.
*In this context, a child is classified as someone under the age of 16.