Internet Explorer and Edge browser users:
To download Word, Excel or PowerPoint files please right-click on the file you wish to download, and select 'Save target as...'

Further information

The information contained in the Working in the UK section is a summary of guidance and regulations only, and should not be regarded as a definitive statement for use in individual cases. The following sources should be contacted for further information. Applications for inclusion on a NHS performers list should be made to the primary care organisation in the area where you would like to work and be supported by the required documentation.

Vocational training certificates and schemes in England:
Local postgraduate dental deaneries – see

Vocational training schemes in Wales:
Dental Postgraduate Department see or telephone 029 2061 7165

Vocational training schemes in Scotland:
Scottish Dental Vocational Training Committee, Scottish Council for Postgraduate Medical & Dental Education – see or telephone 0131 225 4365

Vocational training schemes in Northern Ireland:
Committee on Vocational Training (Northern Ireland), NIMDTA  telephone 028 9040 0000 or email: