BDA Good Practice
Recognising your commitment to quality
BDA Good Practice is a quality assurance programme that
allows its members to communicate to patients an ongoing commitment to working
to standards of good practice on professional and legal responsibilities.
The Good Practice requirements can be used by all providers
of outpatient dental care, including general dental practices (both private and
NHS), specialist practices, salaried primary dental care services, armed forces
clinics and outpatient departments.
BDA Good Practice provides
- Practice development and assessment against requirements
- Recognition from the BDA that can be communicated to your patients
- A framework for developing a patient centred service
- Tools for growing a confident, professional and inspired team
- Opportunities for business development
- Assurances to increase chances of successful tendering.
How to join BDA Good Practice
1. Work through the BDA Good Practice self-assessment
allows your team to reflect on the current systems within the practice and
develop a continuous cycle of learning and development in the delivery of
To find out more about the assessment, download an extract below.
2. Make an application
To be approved on the scheme, each practice must have a BDA member.
- Use a
BDA member log in to download the practice self-assessment.
- Complete the practice self-assessment with your team.
- Download, complete and return the application form, together with the fees.
- A BDA assessor will usually then complete an on-site assessment. An on-site
assessment is a valuable and collaborative experience to help you develop your
Application fee: £450
BDA Good Practice membership: £320 (per year)
3. Celebrate your team's achievement
application, practices will receive a membership pack including a BDA Good
Practice membership plaque and logo to help advertise your high standards.
practice will also be listed on Find-a-practice. We also keep you updated with
monthly newsletters and twice yearly celebration events in London and
We currently have over
1,500 BDA Good Practice member practices throughout the UK who are enjoying the
benefits membership brings to practices and patients.
Log in to complete
the practice self-assessment
Find out more