Internet Explorer and Edge browser users:
To download Word, Excel or PowerPoint files please right-click on the file you wish to download, and select 'Save target as...'

What is meant by ceasing to perform General Dental Services/Personal Dental Services?

There is a requirement that the performer has ceased to perform General Dental Services. Our interpretation of the SFE is that this means providing any care and treatment personally to patients, including such things as providing emergency advice, or orthodontic repairs. It might also be taken to mean signing NHS claim forms, so make sure all of your forms are signed before you go on leave. However, with the written consent of the PCO, you are permitted to provide General Dental Services or Personal Dental Services, so, if you want to continue, contact your PCT/LHB for a discussion.