For the new triennium in 2022, we are launching the new committee: Central Committee for University Dental Educators and Researchers. The new title is intended to the reflect the modern workforce delivering research, teaching and clinical service provision across the UK. The new committee seeks a wide range of individuals to join and be a part of improving the working lives of colleagues. This new BDA committee is concerned with all matters that affect university dental educators and researchers.
Our current work strands:
- Ensuring pay parity with NHS colleagues
- Providing evidence on dental academia to the Doctors and Dentists Review Body
- Understanding clinical academic pensions
- Responding to the BEIS consultation on reducing research bureaucracy
- Understand the dental academic workforce
Dental University Accredited Representatives
Dental school representatives are the BDA’s reps for both trade union and professional activities in dental schools. They are legally accredited trade union representatives and can advise on pay and conditions of service matters.
For more information please contact a member of the employment relations team