What does the Hospital Dentists Group do?
The Group's divisions work to develop local meetings and study days, events and courses and the Annual, Presidential and Scientific Conference is the highlights of the calendar.
The Group also promotes public health initiatives and campaigns and advises on research and clinical matters, of interest to hospital dentistry.
We link with the Central Committee for Hospital Dental Services (CCHDS), who negotiate on terms and conditions of employment on behalf of hospital dentists.
We aim to:
- Promote the objectives and aims of the BDA, and to foster and maintain strong relationships between members of the Group, the CCHDS, and other areas of the dental profession.
- Assist and advise the BDA in promoting and safeguarding the interests of all hospital dentists
- Advance the interests and profile of those working in the hospital dental service; by the cultivation of a professional spirit among members of the Group, and by consideration of subjects relevant to dental public health and science
- Provide a forum to share information amongst those working in the hospital dental service and to provide a voice for those members.
- Develop study days, events & courses and organise and promote the Annual Presidential and Scientific Meeting.
How do I become a member of the Group?
All BDA members working in the hospital dental service are eligible to be members of the Group.
To be added to our list and to receive updates, please e-mail the Group secretary and please include details of your employing trust and your BDA membership number.
Hospital Dentists Group Management Committee
The Hospital Dentists Group Management Committee meet three times a year to discuss educational and social issues of interest to hospital dentists.
The Group holds an Annual, Presidential and Scientific Meeting – for more information please get in touch with the event's organiser.
The Hospital Dentists Group Management Committee are:
- Chair - Pete Brotherton(temp)
- Honorary Treasurer - Muneer Patel
- President - vacant
- Secretary- Andrea Greatrex, BDA
- Events coordinator – Sarah Rockliff, BDA
Would you like to get more involved?
We always welcome any new members who would like to join our Management Committee and add their expertise, please get in touch if you would like to know more.