Who are the CDS Group?
The CDS Group represents dentists working in community dentist roles, working throughout the UK, organised by its thirteen regional
National members are elected to the Group's General
Management Committee (see below).
What does the CDS Group do?
The CDS Group focuses on supporting the educational and career development needs of dentists working in community dental roles.
We organise postgraduate courses, sometimes in conjunction with specialists societies. We link with the England Community Dental Services Committee and the Scottish Public Dental Services Committee, who negotiate on terms and conditions of employment on behalf of community dentists.
We aim to:
- Promote the objects and aims of the
BDA and to foster and maintain valuable relations between
members of the CDS Group and other areas of the dental profession.
- Assist and advise the BDA in promoting and safeguarding the interests of all members of the CDS Group.
- Advance the interests and profile of those working in the community dental service; by the
cultivation of a professional spirit among members of the CDS Group, by
consideration of subjects relevant to dental public health and science
- Provide a forum to share
information amongst those working in the community dental service and to provide a voice for those members.
- Develop study days, events & courses and the Annual Presidential and Scientific Meeting is one of the highlights of the calendar.
How can I get join?
BDA members who are employed by an NHS Trust providing CDS, PDS, PCTDS and DACs services, can join the group - please email the Secretary
to be added to the CDS Group membership list.
CDS Annual, Presidential & Scientific Meeting 2019
The CDS Group Annual Presidential and Scientific meeting takes place 3-5 October 2019 at York Racecourse, hosted by President-Elect Gill Greenwood.
Further details and how to book to follow.
CDS Group Management Committee members
Members of the Management Committee are:
- Chair: Gill Greenwood
- Honorary Treasurer: Jessica Rowley
- President: Jude Anderson 2018-2019
- President Elect: Gill Greenwood 2019-2020
- Secretary: Andrea Greatrex
Would you like to get involved?