BSDH Spring Conference 2017
What's new in clinical dentistry
Thursday 4 - Friday 5 May 2017, Liverpool
Programme Friday 5 May
5.5 CPD hours
Venue: The Venue at the Royal Liver Building
First Floor, Royal Liver Building, Liverpool Waterfront, Liverpool L3 1HU
|09:00||Registration, refreshments and exhibition |
|09:30||Welcome by Avril Macpherson, President BSDH |
Current concepts in cariology
- Update in recent advances in caries diagnosis and management and understand the carious process
- Improve your knowledge of meticulous caries detection and diagnosis
- Discussing the implication of these advances on the management of caries.
Chris Deery, Dean of School of Clinical Dentistry and Professor of Paediatric Dentistry, University of Sheffield
|10:15||Current concepts in restorative dentistry |
- Patching vs replacing: biodentine, high density GIC & composite – which & where?
- Occlusal factors, adhesive techniques and crowning: composites vs cast metal vs ceramics
- Current concepts in dentures - why older concepts work better.
Callum Youngson, Head of the Institute of Clinical Sciences and Professor of Restorative Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|10:55||Morning refreshments and exhibition|
|11:25||Current concepts in endodontics|
- Describe the latest trends in endodontic management
- Appreciate how current Endodontic treatment strategies may affect clinical decisions and outcome.
Fadi Jarad, Senior Lecturer/Honorary Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|12:05||Current concepts in oral medicine|
Anne Field, Consultant/Honorary Professor in Oral Medicine, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
Chair: Shelagh Thompson, Professor of Special Care Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|13:00||Lunch and exhibition|
|14:00||Current concepts in the management of dental trauma |
- The latest development in the field of dental trauma from diagnosis to treatment
- Effective strategies for the management of non-vital immature permanent incisor
- Management of traumatised teeth with poor prognosis including space management and alveolar bone preservation.
Sondos Albadri, Reader in Paediatric Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|14:40||Current concepts in oral surgery |
Colette Balmer, Consultant in Oral Surgery, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|15:20||Afternoon refreshments and exhibition|
|15:40||Current concepts in orthodontics |
Norah Flannigan, Senior Lecturer in Orthodontics, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|16:20||Plenary session |
Chair: Andy Kwasnicki, Consultant in Special Care Dentistry, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
|16:35||Closing remarks from the President |