It's all about sensitivity!
It’s all about sensitivity!
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
Attend an event if you don't have a BDA website ID
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
A hands-on course from the comfort of your own home
Wednesday 25 January 2023 (19:00 - 21:00) | ONLINE
Monday 23 January 2023 (19:00 - 21:00) | ONLINE
Tooth sensitivity is a very common problem experienced by millions of people. Tooth sensitivity can be transient or long lasting.
This exciting and unique hands-on course will start with the theory and scientific process covering the causes of sensitivity. It will discuss how a full history of the patient is taken to include diet and social history, then an intraoral examination with x-rays and pictures to include recession charting and BEWE scores. It will then assess sensitivity treatments available and the treatment we can provide to our patients.
The hands-on part of the course will look at:
- How to use Riva GIC (resin modified glass ionomer restorations) to cover recession and abrasion cavities that have exposed dentine. With a step by step process on tooth models to restore and get aesthetically pleasing results.
- Using SDF as a sensitivity treatment
- Using aligners/whitening trays to how to administer Pola Soothe
- The use of therapeutic trays for soothing and healing the mouth
- The use of proprietary soothing products, toothpastes, mousses, conditioners and adjunctive products eg toothpastes
Each course delegate will be sent a specially prepared dental hamper, with a tooth model, dental materials and disposable instruments to undertake the hands- on component. Each delegate will need to provide their own curing light and their own PPE. Delegates will be sent a tray set-up to prepare beforehand for the course.
Places are limited to 20
This event will provide delegates with a knowledge and hands on practical of sensitivity management and the treatments involved.
- Understand the treatments available for sensitivity
- Be able to provide your patients with suitable strategies for sensitivity treatments
- Carry out GIC's on abrasion and recession cavities
- Use SDF successfully on your patients
The aim of this event will be met through a live demonstration by the speaker and the opportunity for participants to follow the same processes with the speaker on hand to answer questions.
About the speaker - Linda Greenwall
Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
Dr Greenwall is an international lecturer and an authority on tooth whitening, aesthetic dentistry and practice management. She runs a multidisciplinary private practice in Hampstead, London, where she works with a specialist team in the practice (endodontist, periodontist, implant surgeon, oral surgeon and orthodontist).
She is also a past Chair for the Alpha Omega Society (2012-13), Editor-in-Chief of the journal Aesthetic dentistry today, and is past President of the Metropolitan London Branch of the British Dental Association (2015-2016). In March 2016 she was awarded the FMC Award for Outstanding Contribution to Dentistry.
Her first book, Bleaching techniques in restorative dentistry, won the award for best new dental book in 2001. The new edition of this book, Tooth whitening techniques, was published in May 2017. Her book "Success Strategies for the Aesthetic Dental Practice" was published by Quintessence in 2011.
In June 2017, Dr Greenwall was recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list and received the British Empire Medal for her services to dentistry in the UK and abroad.
BDA member: £275
Dental Care Professional: £200 The above fees include all materials needed.
All cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received 14 days or more prior to a virtual event will be entitled to a 100% refund. For cancellations received after this time, no refund will be given. Failure to attend the event on the day will constitute late cancellation and no refund will be given.
How to book
Login to the BDA website first. Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in this form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
Please note: As long as you have a GDC number you can use the online booking system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
Should you require assistance please email email@example.com or call the team on 020 7563 4590.
|||2 hours CPD|
This webinar meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for CPD (2 hours) and is certified by the British Dental Association.
CPD certificates will be issued once attendance has been validated and questionnaire responses reviewed.
About the sponosors - SDI and Sensodyne
|||These words define SDI. They reflect SDI’s focus on dentists ultimate goal of achieving perfect smiles for their patients.|
Helping dentists and the dental team to produce beautiful, healthy, long lasting smiles, to work efficiently, and to provide quality and innovation to their patients, is the key goal for SDI.
- Your Smile – Everything SDI does is for the ultimate goal of the dentist: To create the perfect smile for their patients. Perfection means excellence. Beautifully natural, long lasting materials that are simple for dentists to use.
- Our Vision – SDI continually innovates to provide dental materials that assist dentists and their team to create the perfect smile. Research and development is paramount at SDI. SDI must lead the market and foresee the needs of dentists through our own research and product innovation.
|||Dentine Hypersensitivity affects as many as 1 in 3 people and is a common and often underdiagnosed condition described as a short, sharp pain arising from exposed dentine in response to a stimulus, which cannot be attributed to any other form of dental defect or pathology.1 Since the launch of Sensodyne Toothpaste in 1963 it is now the #1 Dentist recommended brand for sensitive teeth* providing care for millions of patients with a range of clinically proven products and technologies.|
The introduction of NovaMin advanced technology makes Sensodyne the only desensitising agent using hydroxyapatite, calcium and phosphate to build a layer over the surface of teeth. Sensodyne Repair and Protect Deep Repair with NovaMin helps restore a new layer over exposed dentine to protect from pain.2
*63% of 300 surveyed dentists, 2020. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for verification)
- Addy M. Int Dent J 2002; 52:367–375.
- Burwell A et al. J Clin Dent 2010; 21 Spec lss), 66-71
Should you have any questions regarding this online event please email the team email@example.com