Off the record - guidance on good record keeping
* If booking for two or more people, please use the booking form (PDF version) or booking form (word version) to make your booking, or call us on 020 7563 4590.
|Date ||Tuesday 11 February 2020|
Audrey Emerton Education Centre, Brighton BN2 5BE
19:30 Lecture starts
|Branch / Section||Brighton Section|
|CPD||1 hour 30 minutes|
Free for all dental professionals
Although this is a free event advance booking is essential so that we know numbers for seating, refreshments and preparing named CPD certificates.
- Outline the reasons for keeping clinical records
- Outline the legal and clinical standards applied to record keeping
- Case based scenarios emphasising the importance of accurate record keeping for consent and in different clinical disciplines eg: perio, endo.
|Learning objectives |
- Produce appropriate clinical records
- Reflect on the standards required for record keeping
- Practically apply a system to produce consistent, accurate and defendable records.
|Learning content||A lecture based session with the opportunity to ask questions to the speaker.|
|Development outcomes||A, B, D|
|Speakers||Lorna has 19 years of experience working as a dentist. She has worked primarily as a general dental practitioner and also has experience working as a community dental officer and as a hospital dentist.|
In recent years, Lorna has worked as a dento-legal advisor for one of the large mutual defence organisations. She is dedicated to supporting her dentist colleagues through a range of cases such as complaints, claims and regulatory issues.
|How to book / enquiries|
Three ways to book:
Online - individual bookings only
Login to the BDA website first.
Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in this form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
By booking form - email / post
If you are booking for more than one person, prefer to use a booking form, you do not have a GDC number, or you have difficulties using the online system, use the booking form (PDF version) or booking form (word version) to make your booking.
Call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 to book over the phone (open Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00).
For registration queries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
Events programme 2019 - 2020