Tuesday 21 February 2023
19:00 Registration and light refreshments
20:30 End of event
|Venue||Groves Medical Centre, 171 Clarence Avenue, New Malden, Surrey KT3 3TX|
|Branch / Section|
Kingston and District Section
BDA members and BDA Student members - Free
Non-member dentists - £19
Dental care professionals - £16
Non-member students - £16 *
* If you are a Non-member student you cannot book online, please use the booking form to secure the reduced rate.
|Aim||To highlight the limitations of two-dimensional imaging and discuss the advantages of CBCT for the diagnosis and management of endodontic disease using case examples|
- Understand limitations of 2D radiography and how CBCT can overcome these in endodontics
- Have knowledge of the indications of CBCT for diagnosis and management of various endodontic diseases
- Identify external cervical resorption and know when to treat or refer
- Know the advantages of CBCT for assessment of endodontic treatment outcome
- Have knowledge of the role of CBCT in diagnosis of traumatic dental injuries and cracked teeth.
- Brief background on CBCT
- Limitations of conventional radiographs
- Differential diagnosis of endodontic disease
- Assessment of canal anatomy
- Management of complex cases; re-treatment and calcified canals
- Diagnosis and management of external cervical resorption
- Assessment of outcome with CBCT
- Traumatic dental injuries
- Impact of CBCT on confidence in diagnosis and management of endodontic problems.
Dr Aram Navai
Aram is a specialist in endodontics predominantly based in private practice in London. He is a part-time clinical lecturer at King’s College London and Guy’s Hospital. He is an advocate of three-dimensional imaging in endodontics and believes that it will continue to have an increasingly positive impact on clinical practice. He has recently published novel research on the impact of CBCT in the diagnosis and management of traumatic dental injuries in the Journal of Endodontics.
|How to book / enquiries|
Login to the BDA website first.
Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in the form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
By booking form - email
Please complete the booking form (PDF version) or booking form (word version) to make your booking and return it to us at email@example.com
Call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 to book over the phone (open Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00).
For registration queries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
|COVID-19 and staying safe|
The BDA recommends the below measures to continue to keep attendees safe during this event:
If you feel at all unwell, we encourage you to take a lateral flow test the evening before you are due to arrive - should your test result be positive, we ask you not to attend
We advise sanitising your hands on arrival and continue to sanitise/wash your hands regularly throughout the event
We offer flexibility to transfer to a future event should you find yourself prevented from attending due to self-isolation or the onset of COVID-related symptoms.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new, persistent cough; a high temperature; or loss/changes to your sense of taste or smell) we kindly request you do not attend the event, although it is not a legal obligation to do so.
|Charity for all dentists -|
BDA Benevolent Fund
The charity supporting all undergraduate dental students, dentists and their dependents, living in the UK who are in financial need. Donate today using the QR code above.