Thursday 8 September 2022
18:30 Registration and refreshments
19:00 Lecture and Q&A
21:00 Close of event
|Venue||Hertford Castle, Castle Street, Hertford SG14 1HR|
|Branch / Section||North Hertfordshire Section|
Free - BDA members only
All attendees must provide a unique email address at the point of registration.
|CPD||1 hour 30 minutes|
The workshop will be practical and experiential. It will explore coaching techniques and approaches to enable clients / patients develop a sense of empowerment and take an active participation in managing their health and wellness.
- Understand differences and similarities between health, wellbeing and wellness in relation to empowerment
- Understand conversation coaching and shared decision making
- Use a coaching approach as leader of a dental practice to manage stress, strain and uncertainly
- Understand how to apply the pillars of Awareness, Information and Learning in communications with patients and team members.
The session will explore definitions of health, wellbeing, wellness and empowerment. It will outline how we create meaning, the role of emotions in decision making, self-determination theory, salutogenesis and empathy in how these impact health behaviour change. There will be practical demonstrations and opportunity to reflect on mind-body approaches (eg breathwork) to manage stress and strain.
|Development outcomes||A, B and D|
Andrew Parsons works as a wellbeing catalyst in a variety of settings from the board room to the cancer hospital. He has a range of professional experiences including leading medicine innovation approaches in migraine and stroke, new busines models in the life science sector and innovation in support services for cancer patients. He has a range of academic qualifications with MSc in Psychology and specialism in Physiological Sciences (MSc, PhD). He is an Accredited Master Coach/Mentor Practitioner, Certified Medical Coach, Therapist and Business Psychologist. He was the founding coach of the Fountain Centre NHS Cancer Coaching Service.
|How to book / enquiries|
Online - preferred booking option
Login to the BDA website first.
Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in the form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
By booking form - email only
Please complete the booking form (PDF version) or booking form (word version) to make your booking and return it to us via:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 to book over the phone (open Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00).
For registration queries email us at email@example.com.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
|COVID-19 and staying safe|
The BDA recommends the below measures to continue to keep attendees safe during this event:
- We encourage you to take a lateral flow test the evening before you are due to arrive - should your test result be positive, we ask you not to attend
- We encourage the use of face coverings whilst attending the event
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and continue to sanitise/wash your hands regularly throughout the event
- We encourage social distancing, where possible, whilst moving around the venue
- We offer flexibility to transfer to a future event should you find yourself prevented from attending due to self-isolation or the onset of COVID-related symptoms.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new, persistent cough; a high temperature; or loss/changes to your sense of taste or smell) we kindly request you do not attend the event, although it is not now a legal obligation to do so.