PPE and RPE: Safe return to practice (WEBINAR RECORDING)
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
If you do not have a BDA website ID, please click here
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
PPE and RPE: preparing for a practical and safe return to the dental practice
*A recording of a webinar that took place on Wednesday 3 June 2020*
Please note that only BDA members can currently book online. If you wish to book as a Dental care professional or Non-member please call the Events Team on 020 7563 4590
This webinar will help you gain an understanding of the current guidance and principles of returning to safe practice during the next phases of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Review the current principles and evidence
- Discuss the practical and clinical considerations for the new patient journey
- Discuss the practice, environmental and PPE considerations
- Discuss the principles behind the current guidelines
- Understand the hierarchy of hazard control systems for dentistry to minimise or eliminate exposure to potential hazards
- Explore the potential impact the guidelines have on the provision of dentistry and patient care pathways
- Consider the potential impact the guidelines have on PPE choices for the dental team
- Review how PPE and RPE impacts the dental practice environment, clinical dentistry and the patient
- Describe the differences between different types of respirators such as FFP2, FFP3, reusable and loose fitting masks
Tarik A M Shembesh
- Co-Founder and Director, Dakatra Ltd
- General Dental Practitioner
- Clinical Lead, London IMOS Services, Oral Surgery Ltd
- Educational supervisor, Health Education England, London and KSS Deanery
- RPE and fit-testing programme lead, NHS England (London region)
- Co-Founder and Director, Dakatra Ltd
- Consultant Anaesthetist; Theatres, Anaesthesia and Peri-operative Medicine Research Lead, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, King's College London
- Editor, Anaesthesia Reports
- Editor, Anaesthesia
|Speaker research |
webcast speakers are conducting some research into peoples views on fit testing
RPE and would like you to take part in their surveys if you are willing.
you watch the webcast, please complete this quick survey
you have completed the webcast, please complete this survey
|||1 hour 30 minutes CPD |
A CPD certificate (in the
name of the purchaser) will be available to download once viewing of
this online lecture has been completed.
How to watch
If you are a BDA member you have complimentary access to this webinar recording. In order to view please ensure you are logged into the website and then you will be able to register for the session using the pink 'Register' button above (top right).
you have completed the registration process for the webcast you will
receive an automated email containing the link through to view it on the
Please note it can take a little while for
details of new orders to pass between servers. If after receiving your
confirmation email you have successfully logged in, but the lecture is
not appearing on your iLearn profile, please do give it a few more
minutes and refresh your browser if you still have it open. The new
session will appear in the top left when it has made it over to your
If you are a BDA member but do not know your website log in, contact the Events team on 020 7563 4590 or email@example.com. Alternatively retrieve a password reminder.
If you are a non-member dentist or dental care professional and do not already have a BDA website login, please fill in this form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password. Alternatively you can download the booking form and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 and your order will be processed offline.
Should you experience any difficulties please contact the Events team on 020 7563 4590 or email email@example.com
Should you have any questions or require assistance please contact the Events team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0207 563 4590.