New whitening trends 2017, London
Additional event information
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website.
If you do not have a BDA website ID, please click here
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
|New whitening trends 2017|
|The future of tooth whitening and minimal invasive aesthetic dentistry|
Friday 24 March 2017 | LONDON
Alternative date: Friday 8 September 2017 | BIRMINGHAM
- Increase your knowledge of teeth whitening materials and their associated minimally invasive treatments
- Become better informed on the most effective whitening strategies
- Learn how to integrate whitening into all aspects of restorative and aesthetic dentistry
- Learn about new whitening maintenance treatments
- Understand how to sustain successful whitening in your practice.
Dr Linda Greenwall
Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
|Linda is an international lecturer and an authority on tooth whitening and aesthetic dentistry as well as running a multidisciplinary private practice in London where she specialises in restorative dentistry and prosthodontics. Linda lectures extensively in the UK and internationally on tooth bleaching, aesthetic dentistry, practice management and controversies surrounding tooth whitening. Linda was President of the Metropolitan Branch of the British Dental Association for 2015/2016. Linda's new textbook Tooth Whitening Techniques will be launched in 2017 featuring all the new techniques discussed in this seminar. |
Registration, refreshments and exhibition
How to reach a wider range of patients through the
latest aesthetic and minimally invasive treatment options
- The vision of the dentist and the wider role of the dentist as oral physician
- Examine what minimal aesthetic treatments can be provided – philosophy and concepts
- Use of the 'Daughter Test' in therapeutic aesthetics and combination treatment of whitening, composite bonding and minimal invasive aesthetic dental treatment
- How to conduct a detailed aesthetic examination
- Treatment planning according to a range of patient's needs
- Identify solutions for sensitivity management.
Morning refreshments and exhibition
The most effective whitening strategies: Whitening
- Update on new and effective whitening materials
- Examine the best whitening techniques
- Advances in power whitening treatments
- New methods for providing non vital whitening
- Single vital tooth whitening.
|12:10||Philips introduce the
benefits of Zoom! Whitening|
Lunch and exhibition
Common use of whitening alongside minimally invasive restorative and aesthetic dentistry
- Aetiology and management of white spots, white marks and white flecks
- How to identify white spots lesions due to early decay
- Treatment strategies for caries management, whitening and health sustainability
- The effectiveness of micro abrasion and resin infiltration as a minimally invasive treatment for white spot legions
- The challenges of composite bonding after whitening.
Whitening and tooth wear management: A step-by-step use of palatal veneers to transform the smile
- A new minimal invasive approach to treating tooth wear
- Discuss materials and techniques for palatal veneers
- Indications and contraindications for placing for palatal veneers.
Afternoon refreshments and exhibition
Strategies to sustain successful whitening in your practice
- Whitening maintenance and whitening toothpastes, varnish and gels
- Managing problems associated with whitening
- Recommended techniques for under 18's
- How to set your fees for whitening.
Close of seminar
All white at the BDA
Philips innovations have shaped the dental sector – Sonicare pioneered sonic technology in dentistry and the company continues to challenge the norm in the areas of powered and connected oral healthcare as well as tooth whitening.
Philips Zoom's light activated chairside whitening achieves fast and impressive results while the patient is in the practice: up to 6 shades in 1 hour1, with the best sensitivity control and enamel protection thanks to its Amorphous Calcium Phosphate formulae. The company provides a choice between in-clinic whitening and award winning DayWhite/NiteWhite home tooth whitening, all of which achieve clinically proven results.
Three Tier Whitening - Five minute application, four shades lighter in four days1
However the company continues to innovate. Recently a third tier has been added to the Philips' whitening portfolio. Zoom QuickPro comprises a simple two-layer process. The active whitening treatment is a hydrogen peroxide whitening varnish. This is topped by an innovative sealant layer which dries in seconds and locks the hydrogen peroxide layer into place. The patient paints on the two layers, which takes less than 5 minutes, waits 30 minutes, then brushes off. A four-day treatment whitens teeth by up to four shades1. No trays are needed; you simply explain and dispense, saving valuable chair time.
Philips is sponsoring the BDA talks by Dr Linda Greenwall, founder of the British Dental Bleaching Society, who advocates advanced tooth whitening including Phillips Zoom. For information call 0800 0567 222 or visit philips-tsp.co.uk
BDA members: £245
The fee includes refreshments, a standing buffet lunch and all course documentation.
BDA members can register online - login to this webpage
020 7563 4590
Via completing the booking form
The seminar meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for verifiable CPD (6 hours) and is certified by the British Dental Association.
If you wish to stay overnight during the event please contact MICE Concierge our appointed hotel booking agency by email or call 01438 908770.
Please contact: Emma Knight, Events Executive, British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS
or call 020 7563 4590
All cancellations must be received in writing either by fax to 020 7563 4591, or by email, or by post to The Events Department, BDA, 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS. This must then be followed by a telephone call to confirm receipt. Cancellations received 29 days or more prior to the conference will be entitled to a 100% credit voucher or refund. Cancellations received between 15 days and 28 days (inclusive) prior to the conference will receive a 100% credit voucher to attend a future BDA seminar or a 75% refund. For cancellations received between 1 day and 14 days (inclusive) prior to the conference, no credit voucher or refund will be given. Failure to attend the event on the day will constitute late cancellation and no credit voucher or refund will be given. Substitutions are welcome at any time.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the programme may change and the BDA reserves the right to cancel the event or alter the venue and/or speakers.