Tooth whitening for 2020, London
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
If you do not have a BDA website ID, please click here
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
Tooth whitening for 2020 - science, myths and reality
Practical applications for your dental practice
Friday 6 March 2020 | LONDON
Friday 12 June 2020 | LEEDS
This course covers the current tooth whitening techniques used in dental practice. The day will discuss the classification of bleaching techniques in order to assist with predicable treatment planning for the various tooth whitening programmes.
- Explain the scientific basis of bleaching and identify the various dental bleaching techniques
- Clarify the answers to patients' questions and concerns regarding dental bleaching
- Apply the knowledge of shade assessments for dental bleaching
- Implement dental bleaching photography
- Recognise the consent process and information patients require prior to undertaking tooth whitening procedures
- Manage problems associated with tooth whitening and dental bleaching
- How to utilise the dental team with bleaching, delegate hygienist and therapists in taking impressions for trays, shade taking and bleaching reviews.
How to book
BDA members can book online
(login register - see top right of page)
020 7563 4590
Print, complete then return a
To book online:
Login to the BDA website first. Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in this form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
If booking online, please email us any dietary requirements.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy).
BDA members: £245
Dental Care Professionals: £145
All costs includes refreshments, a standing buffet lunch and course documentation (where applicable) . This event is exempt from VAT.
Registration, refreshments and exhibition
Opening remarks from the Chair
How to reach a wider range of patients through
the latest aesthetic dentistry and minimally invasive treatment options
- The vision of the dentist and the wider role of the dentist as oral physician
- Examine what minimal aesthetic treatments can be provided – philosophy and concepts
- Use of the 'Daughter Test' in therapeutic aesthetics and combination treatment of whitening, composite bonding and minimal invasive aesthetic dental treatment.
- How to conduct a detailed aesthetic examination
- Treatment planning according to a range of patient's needs
- Identify solutions for sensitivity management.
- Who needs tooth whitening? Am I a candidate
- The use of carbamide peroxide as an oral health benefit
Morning refreshments and exhibition
The most effective whitening strategies: Whitening
- Update on new and effective whitening materials using new 5% carbamide peroxide
- Evaluate the best whitening techniques
- Advances in power whitening treatments
- New methods for providing non-vital whitening
- Single vital tooth whitening.
Lunch and exhibition
Common use of whitening alongside minimally invasive restorative and aesthetic dentistry
- Aetiology and management of white spots, white marks and white flecks
- How to identify white spots lesions due to early decay
- Treatment strategies for caries management, whitening and health sustainability
- The effectiveness of micro abrasion and resin infiltration as a minimally invasive treatment for white spot legions
- The challenges of composite bonding after whitening.
Whitening and tooth wear management: A step-by-step
use of palatal veneers to transform the smile
- A new minimal invasive approach to treating tooth wear
- Discuss materials and techniques for palatal veneers
- Indications and contraindications for placing for palatal veneers.
Strategies to sustain successful whitening in
- Whitening maintenance and whitening toothpastes, varnish and gels
- The problems associated with over the counter whitening products - new research evidence
- Managing problems associated with whitening
- Recommended techniques for under 18's
- How to set your fees for whitening.
Close of seminar
Dr Linda Greenwall
BDS MGDS RCS MSc MRD RCS FFGDP FICD BEM
Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
Dr Greenwall is an international lecturer and an authority on tooth whitening, aesthetic dentistry and practice management. As well as running a multidisciplinary private practice in Hampstead, London, where she works with a specialist team in the practice (endodontist, periodontist, implant surgeon, oral surgeon and orthodontist), she is a past Chair for the Alpha Omega Society (2012/13), Editor-in-Chief of the journal Aesthetic Dentistry Today, and is past President of the Metropolitan London Branch of the British Dental Association (2015/2016). In March 2016 she was awarded the FMC Award for Outstanding Contribution to Dentistry.
Her first book, Bleaching Techniques in Restorative Dentistry, won the award for Best New Dental Book in 2001 – the new edition of this book, Tooth Whitening Techniques, was published in May 2017. Her book Success Strategies for the Aesthetic Dental Practice was published by Quintessence in 2011. She has written many papers for scientific journals. In June 2017 she was honoured by the Queen in her birthday honours to receive the British Empire Medal for her Service to Dentistry in the UK and Abroad. The medal ceremony was held on 17 November 2017 at the Tower of London.
6 hours CPD
The seminar meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for verifiable CPD (6 hours) and is certified by the British Dental Association.
If you wish to stay overnight during the event please contact MICE Concierge our appointed hotel booking agency by
email or call