Advice and support to help you succeed as a dental student and make the right start in your career.
Protecting your profession
- Negotiating on your behalf as your dental trade union
- BDA Student Committee – two student representatives from each UK dental school
|||Supporting your studies
- Access to Europe's largest dental library – with over 600 dental textbooks, and 263 eJournals to read and download
- Revision packs on key topics
Career Guide – posted to fourth year members (BDS4) in the autumn term
Getting your First Job Guide – posted to final year members at the start of the autumn term
- SJT Mock exam — for final year members, to polish up your skills for the dental foundation training assessment.
Keeping you up to date
BDJ – online access to the UK's leading dental journal. Posted to you twice a month from third year (BDS3) onwards
BDJ Student – student magazine. Accessible online
BDJ In Practice – online access with everything practising dentists need to know
- BDA monthly Student e-newsletter – the latest news about dentistry.
|||Supporting you on the ground
- Health Assured – free telephone and face-to-face counselling
- BDA lectures – online or at your dental school
- Careers lecture – for fourth year members (BDS4), held online or at your dental school
- DFT interview skills lecture – for final year members, held online or at your dental school
- Network of branches – meet other local dentists.
Saving you money
- BDSA events – £30 discount on BDSA Sports Day and Conference
- Specialist insurance – covering your home, tuition fees, loupes and more
- Save £250 off graduate membership – maintain continuous membership until graduation to qualify.
Offering expert advice
- Help and advisory service – available online and by phone
- 100 dental advice documents – free to download
- Student finance advice.
For £2.58 per month
For membership queries or to join over the phone please call: 020 7563 4550
We may record telephone conversations to offer you additional security, resolve complaints, for regulatory compliance and to improve our service standards. Conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes. You will be alerted to this when you call.