What to expect
This webinar will introduce the audience to crown lengthening procedures and their indications in restorative and aesthetic dentistry. Through examples and case studies, the lecture will discuss the concept of biologic width and case selection for crown lengthening surgery.
As we enter an era of aesthetic driven dentistry, the demand for crown lengthening surgery as part of smile improvement therapy is on the rise. Aesthetic crown lengthening surgery is particularly useful following orthodontic and bonding treatments to enhance and ensure a more proportional outcome.
This is a recording of a webinar that took place on 17 January 2024.
A CPD certificate (in the name of the purchaser) will be available to download once viewing of this online lecture has been completed.
- Describe the periodontal apparatus and the 'biologic' width
- Understand pink aesthetics and the indices used to assess this
- Be aware of the indications and contra-indications for crown lengthening
- Identify 'altered passive eruption' and its management
- Be familiar with the evidence behind crown lengthening surgery.