What to expect
This webinar will help the dental team reflect on how they can help keep their patients safe from infection and prescribe antibiotics appropriately. It will help facilitate the Health and Social Care Act's code of practice recommendation that 'All members of the dental team should maintain their knowledge of the management of dental pain and infections and the principles of antimicrobial stewardship.'
A CPD certificate (in the name of the purchaser) will be available to download once viewing of this online lecture has been completed. It is a recording of a webinar delivered in November 2023.
- Explore the risks of both infections and antibiotics to patient safety, including sepsis and the impact of resistant infections
- Review and update your knowledge on managing oral infections and antimicrobial stewardship
- Discuss if remote antibiotic prescribing is ever OK
- Understand the importance of good record keeping when prescribing antibiotics
- Consider the new UK framework for preventing infections and competences for antimicrobial prescribing and stewardship.
DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES: C