What to expect
This lecture will explain and provide the evidence for the minimum intervention oral care (MIOC) approach to delivering better oral health, long term for patients in primary care. It will explain, with clinical examples, how to implement this risk-related, person-focused, team-delivered and prevention-based approach to managing dental caries in patients treated in primary care.
- Define minimum intervention oral care and minimally invasive dentistry
- Apply clinical tips with evidence base, for 1°, 2° and 3° caries prevention
- Understand minimally invasive selective caries removal in deep, cavitated lesions
- Apply risk-related phased personalised care pathways for patients
- Aware of PG distance-learning MSc in Advanced Minimum Intervention Restorative Dentistry, KCL.
A, B, C and D