What to expect
The first lecture will be led by Ciaran Moore on dental care for head and neck cancer patients; with an overview of the specialist restorative dentistry management of patients with head and neck cancer, followed by a lecture led by Avijit Banerjee that will help delegates understand minimum intervention oral healthcare (MIOC), from managing caries in primary care, to best clinical team practice in primary care caries management. There will be an opportunity to ask the speakers questions at the end.
18:45 Registration and exhibition
19:00 Dental care for head and neck cancer patients - Ciaran Moore
20:00 Refreshments and exhibition
20:15 Minimum Intervention Oral Care (MIOC) - Managing caries in primary care - Avijit Banerjee
Dental care for head and neck cancer patients - Ciaran Moore
- Pre-radiotherapy/surgery oral management
- Restorative management of head and neck radiotherapy and surgery patients
- Prevention of post-head and neck cancer treatment oral disease.
Minimum Intervention Oral Care (MIOC) - Managing caries in primary care - Avijit Banerjee
- Define the minimum intervention oral care delivery pathway
- Describe/implement the four interlinked clinical domains of MIOC, including MID
- Carry out selective caries removal in deep lesions
- Aware of PG training in MIOC/MID (KCL MSc AMIRD course).
A, B, C and D