Go to content

Overseas dentist without a GDC registration

Overseas dentists who are qualified and working towards a GDC registration can apply for Essential membership.

Overseas dentists can apply for Essential membership with certain conditions in place:

You will not be currently working as a dentist, but you will be actively working towards registering as a dentist with the General Dental Council.  As part of your application, we will ask you to provide the following: 

  • A copy of your original dental qualification, and
  • A letter of good standing from your home dental association (if available)
  • An indication of where you are in the GDC registration/ORE process.

Once you have completed your ORE and gained your GDC registration, you qualify for all our general categories of membership.

To find out more about overseas membership please call us on 020 7563 4550 to join over the phone. This will allow us to check whether you hold the correct paperwork, or if you qualify for our ‘asylum seeker or refugee’ free membership.