BDA elections 2017: online Q&A session5 September 2017
The BDA's elections for 2017
are gearing up to open on Friday 22 September. If you are interested in standing for the BDA's Board (known as the Principal Executive Committee), you can join us by telephone or online to ask our experts your questions, on Friday 8 September at 12.30 noon.
Mick Armstrong, current BDA Principal Executive Committee Chair, and Peter Ward, BDA Chief Executive, will be on hand to answer your questions about how the PEC operates, what is expected from PEC members and how you can stand for election.
How do I join in?
- Dial 020 7563 4595
- When prompted for a Conference ID, enter 57900
By computer (including live chat option, you will need sound and a microphone enabled):
- Go to our online chat website - this will open a new window.
- Tick the second box to Install Lync Web App plug-in
- Click 'Sign in here' instead to join as a guest
- During the installation, you will be asked to grant plug-in permission - click allow
- You will then enter the virtual lobby and we will connect with you.
A more detailed guide with instructions is also available
We recommend you try out the system prior to the chat on Friday to see if you can set up the system. It will work best on Windows using Internet Explorer. The system will not work on a mobile phone.
Can't make it?
If you aren't able to join us on Friday, you can also send in questions and we'll answer them for you.
This year, over 300 seats are up for election, including five seats on the Principal Executive Committee.
BDA Princpal Executive Committee
- North West
- West Midlands
- UK wide
To stand you must have been a BDA member for at least a year prior to your nomination.