BDA Indemnity is live: Unique offer now available to the profession
4 June 2019
The BDA has begun accepting applications for its new indemnity product, BDA Indemnity.
The unique offer, exclusively available to BDA members, provides long-term peace of mind, combining advice from a crack team of experienced dentists, with occurrence-based cover that provides real protection, no matter when the complaint comes in assuming the policy was in force at the time of treatment.
The policy provides a legally-binding right to cover, covers cases relating to both clinical work and personal conduct, and offers a flexible category structure so members only pay for the work they do. The product is designed to ensure policy holders will not subsidise the risks of other dentists or medical colleagues, or peers in other countries through their premiums. The policy does not cover oral and maxillofacial surgeons who carry out procedures within the scope of the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery, and who are registered with the GMC.
The policy is underwritten by market leaders Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
BDA Managing Director Peter Ward said:
"This is a landmark event for the Association, and the profession it serves. We are now putting indemnity cover at the very heart of our mission to support UK dentists.
"The profession can now benefit from a unique indemnity package designed by and for dentists. Our expert team are now ready to take your calls."
About BDA Indemnity
- Contractual certainty: a legally-binding right to cover
- Cover for modern dentistry – the treatments that were once exceptional but are now day-to-day
- Dentist-to-dentist support - support from experienced dentists with legal knowledge in times of pressure
- Flexible cover – to suit members' practising circumstances, recognising that different dentists require different cover.
- Comprehensive indemnity for damages and legal costs.
- Vicarious liability.
- Defence costs including GDC.
- Nurses covered.
- Many other added-value benefits.
About our service
- We won't just give in to pressure to settle and make cases go away: we'll do what's right in each and every case.
- There's no limit on how often you can call for help and calling won't penalise premiums.
- It's a fair, inclusive and bespoke policy for the practice of dentistry.
Key features and limitations
- Dentist-led advice and case management respecting your unique situations.
- Top 5 UK insurer-backed policy* with assured financial security.
- Occurrence-based (in perpetuity) for long-term peace of mind.
- Contractual: a legally-binding right to cover.
- Flexible category structure so you only pay for what you do**
The policy is arranged by the British Dental Association and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance. The British Dental Association is an appointed representative of Lloyd & Whyte Ltd. Lloyd & Whyte Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA does not regulate advice with regards to advisory, case management and indemnity support provided by the BDA.
*Standard & Poor's credit rating 20 June 2018
** Subject to policy terms and conditions