New app puts dental conference in your hands
Delegates at this year’s BDA British Dental Conference and Exhibition will find everything they need at the tip of their fingers thanks to a new app especially designed for the event. A first for 2015, the app is suitable for both Apple and Android devices and makes managing your time at the event and getting around even easier than before.
Key features of the new app include:
- A personal agenda feature allowing delegates to browse full programme information and add sessions they would like to attend to their own personalized event diary
- Full speaker bios
- Venue and exhibition maps
- Instant event notifications
- Access to special show offer
- Visitor information from cash machine locations to car parking
- Direct access to Twitter and Facebook allowing users to interact and share views with other delegates and organisers
- Notes section that allows you to save and email notes to yourself
Linda Stranks, Director of Marketing and Membership at the BDA said:
“We have designed this App to make the event experience as simple and smooth as possible.
“Many of our delegates now carry smartphones so it makes sense to interact with them and provide show information directly into their hands. We want to make the event even more interesting for visitors and more interactive for exhibitors.”
The app is available to download now via Apple and Android. Search for 'BDA Conference 2015'.
Further information and booking details for the event, which takes places from 7-9 May in Manchester, are available at www.bda.org/conference or by calling 0870 166 6625.
About the BDA
The British Dental Association (BDA) is the professional association and trade union for dentists in the UK. It represents dentists working in general practice, in community and hospital settings, in academia and research, and in the armed forces, and includes dental students. The BDA promotes members’ interests, advances the science, arts and ethics of dentistry, and contributes towards improving the nation's oral health.
For further information, please contact the BDA's media team on 0207 563 4145/46 or visit the BDA's news centre. You can also follow news from the BDA on Twitter. Membership packages reflect the varied needs of dentists.