Your career: making the right choice
To help you with your future career choices, we’re visiting your dental school to give an in-depth careers lecture to fourth year (BDS4) students.
Who is speaking?
There are three speakers delivering this lecture series:
- Roz McMullan, BDA President 2019-20
- Susie Sanderson OBE, BDA President 2018-19 and Dental Legal Adviser
- Peter Dyer, BDA President 2017-18 and Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
How will the lecture help me?
The lecture will give you an insight into your future career options and how changing patient demographics may affect your career choices. It covers:
- Overview of your dental career options
- Routes in to each career pathway
- Case studies from experienced practitioners
- Patient demographics and the future of dentistry
- How changing patient demographics may affect your career choices.
"Students in my year found it very informative. A lot of them didn't realise there were as many career options open to them post-graduation."
Rachel Goldsmith, Glasgow Dental School
Do I need to book?
No, there's no need to book, just arrive on time. The lecture is open to both members and non-members. As lectures for the 2019/20 academic year are booked in, they will be added to the timetable below.
The BDA's Career Guide is the supporting material for this lecture. It includes useful advice from experienced dentists who give their opinions on a range of careers, a detailed overview on different career paths, plus tips for succeeding in your chosen career. Copies of the new guide were posted out to fourth year (BDS4) student members in autumn 2019.
If you are not a member and would like a copy you can join in the lecture, online or over the phone on 020 7563 4550.
Student membership is only £2.42 a month. New members get other benefits too.
|Dental School||Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Bart's ||13 May 2020||11:00||12:00|
|Belfast||27 Aug 2019||10:15||10:45|
|Birmingham||6 Nov 2019||14:00||15:00|
|Leeds||13 Feb 2020||12:00||13:00|
|Liverpool||TBC|| || |
|Kings||12 Feb 2020||12:00||13:00|