The Scottish Council brings together representatives from across our range of craft committees and branches to act as the voice of the profession
It meets three times a year to ensure that there is a regular opportunity for BDA Branch elected members, the Scottish Representative Committees/Groups and the representative from the Central Committee for University Dental Educators and Researchers to raise and discuss issues affecting dentists in Scotland.
- To consider all issues of policy and matters affecting dentistry at the Scotland level of government
- Advise the PEC on all matters relating to dentistry and policy within Scotland
- Facilitate external expert and member input to policy formation
- Receive, debate, and comment on regular reports from the PEC without prejudice to the rights of the membership as a whole
- Liaise with branches and sections.
Get involved and get in touch
Members of Scottish Council are elected through the BDA Branches and nominated from BDA representative committees. If you would like to get involved with the Scottish Council or receive further information regarding the work, please contact Elaine Bruce: [email protected] to discuss any queries.