If you provide NHS/HSC dentistry in general practice (under a GDS or PDS arrangement), you may be entitled to long-term sick pay.
Where NHS is referred to, this means National Health Service dentistry that is provided in Great Britain. Where HSC is referred to, this means Health and Social Care dentistry that is provided in Northern Ireland.
Entitlement to long-term NHS/HSC sick pay and how it is calculated is stated in
- The Statement of Financial Entitlements (SFE) for England and Wales published by the NHS BSA Dental Services.
- The Statement of Dental Remuneration (SDR) available from the Scottish Dental website in Scotland
- The Statement of Dental Remuneration (SDR) available from the Northern Ireland Health and Social Care Business Services Organisation (BSO).
This advice provides a general overview. Further advice is available from
- National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL)
- Money Advice Service – an independent service, set up by government to provide advice online, by telephone and face to face