Important documents and FAQs
About the service and policy
By taking out BDA Indemnity, you'll have access to dento-legal support from the BDA, plus professional liability insurance from RSA Insurance Ltd.
It's a unique service offering comprehensive, contractual and bespoke cover for members. Contractual certainty means a legally-binding right to cover
It's cover for modern dentistry – the treatments that were once exceptional but are now day-to-day
- We won’t just give in to pressure to settle and make cases go away: we’ll do what’s right in each and every case
- There’s no limit on how often you can speak to our Indemnity Team, and calling won’t penalise premiums
- It’s a bespoke policy and service, designed with fairness at its heart, to protect members from the wide-ranging issues they may face
- We have a flexible category structure so you only pay for what you do. That means dentists won’t be subsidising the risks of other dentists or medical colleagues, or peers in other countries.
Key facts about the policy
You'll get advisory, case management and indemnity support from the BDA. Read about our cover and promises.
Not all indemnity policies are the same. BDA Indemnity provides you with a professional shield against legal and regulatory challenges. We already fight hard for our members and dentists alike, and believe that our insurance simplifies your dental experience; giving you the peace of mind you deserve. Download our brochure.
Read more about our agreement with you, the member, in our terms of business
Switching is straightforward
Choosing your professional indemnity arrangement is one of the most important decisions that you will make in your professional life; apart from the obvious financial consequences, it can make the difference between being able to continue practising or not.
This is a personal choice, with personal consequences; it is not a purchase that should be determined by price alone. No two indemnity products will be the same, so any price comparisons will not be on a like-for-like basis.
How to change provider
1. Check what kind of cover you have. It'll either be occurrence-based or claims-made. We can advise you on the differences.
2. Get an indicative quote from us. It'll take just a few minutes to get an indicative price emailed to you.
3. Check when your existing cover is due to be renewed. This date will appear on your certificate of membership or other correspondence from your existing provider. Gather the information you need to complete the application form. Here's a checklist of what you will need to hand.
4. Complete the application form by using the link within your quote email. In many cases we can confirm your acceptance within two working days. In some cases we may need further information but we'll contact you to let you know.
Leaving your current provider
Mutual defence organisations
If you have had occurrence-based indemnity from a mutual provider up to the date of change to BDA Indemnity, you will still have a right to apply to them at any time in the future to request discretionary assistance and indemnity for any new matters that surface in the future from your period of membership with them. They would normally continue to assist you with any existing cases where applicable.
If you have a policy of claims-made insurance which provides cover up to the date of change, and have already reported an actual or potential claim to them, they must continue to cover you for that case.
You should check that policy wording to establish whether or not you can continue to report new claims that surface in the future, relating to that period - and if so, whether any time limits and/or other terms and conditions apply. If you are not sure, contact your current provider for guidance:
- [email protected]
- 020 7535 5858
Please note, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Your questions answered
About the policy
About entity cover
Pricing and payments
The cover has been arranged putting members at the heart of it. It's unique to dentistry and we've worked hard to price it so it's fair and accessible. There will be members for whom our price isn't cheaper than their current provider, but hopefully the combined package of membership plus indemnity over is worth more than the sum of its parts.
Remember, not all policies and scope of cover are the same.